Friday, November 30, 2007

A Benefit for My Cousin & His Family

My cousin was injured in a car accident on November 13th. He is expected to recover, but is suffering from severe brain trauma and will not be able to work for months to come. His is married with three young children, and is their only financial support. My extended family is organizing a benefit to help them through the next few months.

If you will be in central Illinois on December 16th and would like to attend the benefit, please let me know and I'll email you the details. If you cannot attend, but would like to make a donation (which can be mailed directly to an account in their name at their local bank), purchase raffle tickets or 50/50 drawing tickets, let me know and I'll forward you the information. (I'd post it here, but is a no-name blog, after all.) While you cannot take a tax deduction on any donation, please be assured that 100% of the donations are benefiting this young family.

They feel truly blessed my cousin is alive and recovering and by the generosity they've already experienced in the past few weeks. Please pray for them, and consider a gift to them or one of your own local charities during this holiday season.