Tuesday, February 5, 2008

First Son is Sick

At 3 am this morning we hear First Son calling urgently from his room, scared and upset, "Daddy! Daddy!" I was immediately suspicious. Before we shook the sleep away, First Daughter started to cry, so we both went in. Sure enough, First Son had gotten sick all over (bed, pillow, stuffed animals, pajamas, blanket, everything). I brought First Daughter to bed with me while Kansas Dad took care of the mess. I felt a little sad that First Son was the sick one and she got to snuggle with me, but she couldn't be expected to sleep in her crib with the light on and all the commotion.

It took a long time for everyone to be clean, dry and back to sleep. On a bright note, First Son seems to be feeling better (though still not eating) and is already watching a favorite video while I work.

Have I mentioned recently how much I love my husband?