Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hair Cut


Kansas Dad says maybe I should find a book on how to cut hair. I think I just need a little more practice.

Speaking of practice, First Son really needs a hair cut as well. I have a shaving set I borrowed from my mom, but before I can use it, I need to clean it. Before I can clean it, I have to call my mom and ask her to tell me again how to clean it. So, I'm sure you can tell, it's going to be a bit longer before I get around to it. (Especially since I'm off to Seattle tomorrow for a business trip. At least everyone is feeling a little better and most of the laundry is done.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up over here!!!

    The girs' bangs grow pretty quicky, so this is one trick that I had to learn or go broke. My hairdresser taught me.

    The key is not trying to run the scisors across their foreheads. Pick up a small chunk of hair, hold it between your first two fingers so it makes a flat line. Trim no more than 1/4" off the length at a time, working your way across. Pick up some from the chunk you just cut to gauge how much to trim off the last chunk.

    Then, if you need to take more off, repeat the whole process.

    If I were ambitious, I'd post ya a video. But I'm not, and you probably won't need it for a while anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that next time. The main problem is figuring out how the hair lies when it's dry versus wet and we comb it out to cut. It looked fine when wet, but as it dried it started to pull back toward the middle of her forehead. This picture isn't great, so it's hard to see that the bangs are cut fairly straight...the curve for one side just starts too soon.

    Her bangs grow quickly, too, so I don't think it'll be a problem for long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. That's another thing...cut only dry hair!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!