Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Our Own

Today was the first day I was alone with all three kids all day. I was a little nervous, but everything went very well. When Kansas Dad arrived back home, everyone was reasonably well-fed (given that dinner-time was approaching), reasonably clean and had even napped. I had made a loaf of bread (in the bread machine, of course), done most of the dishes and even ran a load of laundry (gathering wrinkles in the dryer, but at least they were clean).

I can definitely see that I need some sort of schedule with them. I also wasn't quite brave enough to tackle a trip anywhere with all three of them, but I know getting out to the park would be particularly good for the older two.

The highlight of the day: At lunch, we spotted a hummingbird enjoying our front garden!