Monday, December 1, 2008

My Big Kids

First Son and Second Daughter had well-child visits last week. I actually drove everyone there first thing in the morning on Monday, only to call from the parking lot and have my suspicions confirmed that the appointments were on Wednesday. So we left and did the whole crazy run again two days later. Having both appointments at once was a little disconcerting for me. They gave us two nurses and had First Son out of the room quite a bit of the time to check his eyes and ears and such without me. I'm not sure I liked that very much, though he handled it all with good nature. He also had fun with the developmental tasks they gave him: standing on one foot, hopping on one foot, putting a piece of paper under or behind himself, etc. As expected, both kids are healthy and on track developmentally.

Though most of you don't care about the specifics, I must record them here because this blog serves as our baby books.

First Son:

Weight: 48 pounds, 90th percentile
Height: 45.5", between 90th and 95th percentile

Second Daughter:

Weight: 16.75 pounds, 95th percentile
Length: 26", 95th percentile

I think my little baby may need to move up to 6-9 month clothes soon, especially with the extra bulk of cloth diapers (though most of ours are quite trim). I just got all those clothes organized and packed up so I'm a little loathe to pull them out again, but I will force myself to do so before we go on vacation.