Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crazy Hair, Crazier

I was in the kitchen, finishing up the coupons from today's paper when I heard, "There! I'm all done cutting [Second Daughter's] hair!"

Oh, dear. That can't be good. I blogged before about how I had to cut a few knots out of her hair, but that it didn't count as a real haircut. Kansas Dad says I can't deny it anymore, even though Second Daughter's first hair cut is a rather unusual style provided by none other than her big sister.


It's hard to tell in the picture, but there's basically a swath of hair from the bangs down the back, just left of the center of her head, that's been cut pretty closely.

Big Sister has spent the rest of the day talking about how we only use our scissors on paper...not clothes or washrags or diapers or carpet or fingers. Or hair (on her own head or anywhere else). We didn't punish her for cutting Second Daughter's hair. After all, we hadn't explained to her that only Mama and Dada trim hair. She did, however, get a time out later in the day when she started to cut her own hair. By then, it had all been explained.