Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On the Job


The stray cat we've been wooing was lounging in the front yard yesterday morning, watching us eat breakfast and nibbling some grass. Or so I thought. I turned to attend to the baby and glanced back to see the mighty hunter carrying his own furry breakfast to nibble under the porch. (Thank goodness for that; I'm happy to see him hunting, but that doesn't mean I want to watch him eat.) First Son caught a glimpse and nonchalantly returned to his egg sandwich. He was impressed enough, however, to announce to our priest who came unexpectedly to dinner last night that the cat caught a mouse right in the middle of our front yard.

We're hoping he (or she) sticks around.

2 comments:

  1. Don't befriend feral cats. Nothing good will come of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say we're on friendly terms. I really don't want it close to me or the kids. If it does want to be friendly, I'll feel the need to take it to the vet for shots.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!