Thursday, July 23, 2009

When Bunnies Attack

Warning! Sensitive eyes and ears may want to avoid this post.

Grandma called First Son to the window to watch the bunny. First Son said, "There's no bunny, just a snake!" Since I hadn't seen a snake on the Range yet, I hurried over to take a look.

There were actually two bunnies...and they were attacking the gopher snake! It was incredible!


The snake was infiltrating the warren. At one point, we could hear the babies crying out, so I'm guessing the snake had a tasty afternoon snack.





My mom was concerned for the baby bunnies (though First Son wasn't really worried about them). As far as I'm concerned, the snake did us a favor since the bunnies (while cute) eat their fill in the garden. The gopher snake in particular is always welcome on the Range...at a distance.

Learn more about snakes in Kansas here.