Monday, August 17, 2009

Lots of Preschool Ahead of Us

I just realized First Daughter won't be kindergarten age until fall 2012.

That's three years from now. It's hard to remember how young she is; she and First Son do everything together.

I have a feeling hanging out here during our homeschool, she'll be learning quite a bit over the next three years before we even start her in kindergarten. (And no, I have no intention of starting her early, officially, though I'll happily teach her to read if she wants to learn, whenever she's ready.)

2 comments:

  1. I don't do a whole lot until first grade as far as official, structured lessons (other than reading if they are interested or pretend school/worksheets if they are asking for something)...I was thinking yesterday that we are still TWO full years out from first grade for our second child, also. It really is interesting to see them try to do everything Big Brother does, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is really surprising is how often she succeeds! I've been watching her the last few days and it's hard to believe she's only two. (She'll be three in a month, but still.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!