Thursday, November 5, 2009

Candy Experiments

We didn't have water, but we did have fun! We tried out some of these candy experiments.


I'm pretty sure First Daughter ate another piece of candy every time I turned to talk to First Son about what we were doing. First Son ate his share as well. I don't know how much they understood, but they liked seeing the colors, dissolving the candy and watching it fizz when I added some baking soda (if they were acidic).

I think we may make candy experiments a post-Halloween tradition.

As for the water, it seems our pressure tank isn't working. We'll be calling a plumber about that in the morning. We have plenty of bottled so no worries yet. The kids and I may make an unplanned field trip tomorrow, though, so we can be out of the way. Kansas Dad had to cancel his classes. His students are probably celebrating.