Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In Case You Need Just One More Book

Back in October, Mum in Bloom recommended a new website to me: Just One More Book!

I haven't had a chance to listen to many of the podcasts, but I have created a list of books they reviewed that I want to check out for our family. After eliminating the ones we'd already read and the ones I knew immediately were inappropriate for us, I still have over 300 books. That's just from the actual reviews. It looks like they also have some interviews with authors and illustrators, so it could be a resource for children that are interested in learning more about the writing process.

It's ridiculous how excited I am about reading all these books. Thanks again, Mum in Bloom!

2 comments:

  1. Hey kansasmom!

    I'm glad our website has proven to be such a valuable resource for you and I really hope you enjoy those books. We truly love every single book we've talked about on our show.

    As for the interviews, I believe there are about 250 of them on the site with everyone from unknowns like Tim Huff (a social worker that wrote an amazing book about homeless people) to some of the biggest names in the business like Lane Smith and Jane Yolen.

    Happy listening and happy reading.

    Best wishes,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, so glad you could drop by. I hope Andrea recovers her health quickly and can get back to reading all the books you love so much. (And new ones!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!