Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Birthday Pictures

I never shared any pictures from First Son's birthday and party. (Kansas Dad had a birthday in December, too, but we didn't take a single picture of him on his birthday. We'll have to remedy that next year.)

We started the big day out with a bang. Kansas Dad made First Son chocolate chip pancakes as big as his head. He loved them! They were huge; it took him two days to finish them off.


I had been considering a snowman theme for the party, but the weather was a bit too warm. Instead, we switched at the last minute and toasted marshmallows and making s'mores. Really, how can you go wrong with sticky goodness and a fire?



Here's a picture of the cake:


I wasn't very ambitious - a chocolate layer cake with chocolate icing. Every time I make a cake like this I wish my decorating skills were better, but the kids seemed to enjoy the cake, crumbs and all.

It's been a month and it's still hard for me to believe my little baby boy is six years old!