Saturday, May 29, 2010

Unexpected

Fifteen years ago, as I was finishing up high school (and now you all know how old I am), I never would have believed in 2010 I'd be standing barefoot in my kitchen in front of a hot stove, 7 months pregnant with my fourth child, stirring jam made from strawberries my husband had picked in our own garden. In Kansas.

But I wouldn't have it any other way. (Well, maybe it would be better if someone else did the actual stirring for the one minute of boiling jam bubbling all over.)

5 comments:

  1. ah, so it's supposed to boil all over the place. At least I know I didn't do THAT part wrong! :-)

    I agree with you, God certainly is full is surprises for our lives. Wonder what the next 15 will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - much bubbling and boiling! I always manage to splash a little on me and run for the ice pack. (I'm such a wimp!) I like it best when Kansas Dad is here to do the stirring for that part.

    Straying even farther from what I had once expected of life, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with an ever-expanding garden, some pigs and a dairy cow.

    But you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, gardening is kind of addicting if you ask me. We nearly doubled our garden size from last year!

    Someday we'll make it out to the country I hope! And then we'll have chickens and a few cows and maybe some pigs too... we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you are just a young one! I just realized that I graduated from high school 20 years ago! Whoa, I'd better not think about that for too long. But, I'm with you in that I couldn't have imagined my life as it is now back then either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I remember as a high schooler thinking that people 10 years out were old! Not any more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!