They are incredibly easy to make! Here's what you need:
- card stock in a variety of colors (I used a different color for each series.)
- 2 sets of stickers of things your kids like (I bought most of ours at a local hobby store when they were 40-50% off. Most sticker sets come with 2 or 4 sheets, so you only need one package to make a series.)
You can read about the three period lesson and other Montessori concepts online and in books. Basically, to use the sticker series, you would:
- Show the child the line of stickers to copy.
- Point to each of the stickers and name it, from left to right, as if you're "reading" it.
- Show the child the separate sticker cards that match and line each up in order underneath while saying its name or describing it by pointing out how it is unique in the series.
- Mix up the separated sticker cards and ask the child to put them in the same order. Make sure the child is also orienting the sticker properly to match as well, just as letters would need to be.