Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Small Successes XXV

It's a little late in the day, but I thought I'd add my small successes.

1. Last Friday, we finally took the van in to have something fixed that led to the check engine light turning on...last July. (Kansas Dad actually took the van in, but I arranged for someone to drop First Son off after Totus Tuus, so I feel I made a small contribution.) We won't discuss how the light came back on last Monday and Kansas Dad will be taking it in again next week. Sigh.

2. I got my hair cut yesterday! I think she took off eight inches or so and it feels wonderful. I also stopped by the bank and had my PIN reset (after I realized I didn't have the money to pay the sweet lady and ran across the street to use my debit card and couldn't get it to work and waited thirty minutes at the bank for someone to help me and waited while they tried three times to get it to work and finally did but not until the next day but they gave me enough cash to go back an hour later and pay for my hair cut; I'm sure she figured I was never coming back).

3. I finally used the shredded zucchini that's been in the fridge "defrosting" for days. The girls and I made chocolate chocolate chip zucchini bread and it's baking right now. (I've never made it as bread, so here's hoping it works. I was getting too tired to clean out all those muffin tins.)

Head over to Faith & Family to read more small successes or add your own!