Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Small Successes XXXIV

Hooray! It's time for Small Successes!

1. I made baklava. I also made dinner for the first time since Second Son was born. Until this week, we've had meals I froze ahead, delicious meals from generous friends, and whatever Kansas Dad would make when he got home. I made chicken noodle soup - a boatload of it!

2. For the first time since about a month before Second Son was born, all the linens were changed on linen laundry day (Thursdays) - every sheet, every pillowcase. It's not like anyone was sleeping on filthy sheets...we just weren't all sleeping on freshly changed sheets at the same time.

3. Yesterday, the kids and I attended our first choir practice. They prayed, sang, crawled like alligators, played games and played instruments to a beat, all with great joy. This is really a success for the two moms running the prekindergarten through second grade choir and the sweet and exuberant children who participate, but it was too wonderful to leave it off the list. I'm so pleased we signed up and hope my children can learn to appreciate people who can really sing while still enjoying my singing every once in a while. They may even be able to sing themselves (but only if they inherited it from their father).

Head over to Faith and Family for more Small Successes!

7 comments:

  1. Great list! It's so hard to get back into the cooking groove. I've finally had to start cooking again too. The freezer meals are thinning out and I like to have a few for rough days that coincide with hubby being out of town(they're better than chicken nuggets from McDonald's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, I LOVE baklava. Am gonna have to try to make my own. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo baklava! That is a HUGE success. mmm, my tummy is grumbling...or rather my taste buds are salivating. Either way great job on that and all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baklava!! Yuuum!!

    I love your new banner picture, too. What personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The children's choir sounds like a lot of fun. I'd love to get into a routine where I have all the linens washed on a specific day. I'm working on that one.

    Your new banner picture is a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the compliments on the banner picture. I love it, too!

    And seriously, the baklava was shockingly easy. I encourage you all to give it a try...when you have a group of people to help you eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, having a routine for my laundry has made it so much easier for me! I never have to think, "Oh, I should wash X today." because I know when they were last washed and already have a plan for when they'll be washed again. I've scheduled days for whites, towels, and linens. I also have to wash at least one load of colored clothes pretty much every day and diapers about every other day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!