Sunday, February 13, 2011

Second Son Plays Peek-A-Boo

Second Son has grown tremendously since I've posted regularly. He's sitting perfectly, only failing backwards when he's upset or excited and tries to kick his legs. He reaches for anything and everything, which makes preparing meals or doing anything while holding him quite challenging. Right now, as I type, he's sitting in the living room surrounded by train tracks, grabbing at the trains the oldest two are running around him. I love how Geo Trax electric trains always entertain little ones. They're fun for the whole family.

One of his new favorite games is Peek-a-Boo. He doesn't just laugh when we hide and say "Peek-a-boo!" He'll hide his face in my shirt while I ask "Where's Baby?" Then he'll lift his head, grinning like crazy, as I say "Peek-a-boo!" Hopefully Kansas Dad and I can manage to get a little video of it soon.

I'm healing and Second Son is learning to calm himself a little, at least early in the day, so things are nearly normal around here. We're almost at full lessons and a reasonably tidy household. Kansas Dad is still making dinner most evenings and we've benefited from a few storms that canceled our outside activities a few weeks in a row. Second Son has had a cold and refused to sleep on his own in the evenings so I've been holding him and watching a lot of Netflix, but he's on the mend. So I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel and hope to get back to posting every now and then again. As much as I enjoy my blog, it's near the bottom of my list of priorities (as it should be). But I miss it.

Happy Valentine's Day!