Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hands Free Napping

Today, for the first time in his life, Second Son took a nap in his crib.

He was awake when I laid him down. He only slept for about 30 minutes, but it was enough time for me to start a load of laundry and a loaf of bread in the bread machine.

Oh, how I want him to nap in his crib! I'm finally starting to feel like I have a grasp of my day. Meals, school, dishes, laundry...it's all getting done. The living room usually looks decent when Kansas Dad gets home and every now and then I have dinner going. I find, though, that I am completely exhausted every night. Even though Second Son is sleeping well in his crib starting at about 8 pm, I haven't the energy to tackle anything substantial on my List.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like life around here as of late. House stuff is getting done - haven't had much time for FB or blogging - but the other stuff is actually getting done (and is way more important anyway.) And yes, exhausted at the end of the day! But you know, it really is a good exhausted - an "I put in a long hard day as a mommy/wife" kind of exhausted.

    Hooray for Second Son sleeping in his crib!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal! Kolbe will nap in his bed anywhere from 15min to an hour, depends on the day. The rest of the time he naps in the mei tai and I either computer, read or even occasionally work in the kitchen while he sleeps. I still wish he'd sleep in his bed, but if he's not going to do this, it's at least marginally handy (if a little awkward) to at least me hands-free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Michelle. I think it's a good exhausted, too, but I still miss my productivity.

    Monica, I should consider bringing my carrier in from the van (where I keep it so I always have it handy when we're out). I'm afraid I'm at the point where I want to encourage sleeping in the crib and discourage sleeping in my arms. Even when I'm snuggling him, the other kids often wake him before he's had a good nap.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!