Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Small Success XXXVIII

I find myself with a few minutes this morning before we head out and thought I'd try to come up with three small successes.

1. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this mother-of-four business. For the first time in a long time, I realize I'm not feeling completely exhausted and stressed. Yesterday, Kansas Dad called me in the middle of the day to tell me he'd forgotten he needed to attend an academic event last night. Instead of going to confession all by my lonesome, as planned, I tackled dinner and bedtime with all four kids by myself. It turned out all right. (Don't worry, I'm going to go to confession tomorrow.)

2. I've picked all our books for next year (second grade, could it be true?). Now I just have to figure out how to get them all.

3. First Daughter, Second Daughter, Second Son and I spent an hour or so at a store yesterday. That's right. A store. First Son was playing basketball and I had a gift card to use. The kids were all fantastic. I picked some new cookie sheets (two have somehow gotten destroyed in the past year) and now I need to bake some cookies. Lucky for me, our spring concert is coming up and two dozen cookies are on the to-do list. I also printed out an intriguing homemade Oreo cookie recipe and promised First Son we'd try them. Think they sound good for Easter? Oh...I could color the cream with spring pastels!

Read more Small Successes at Faith and Family. May you have a blessed Easter!