We've been busy and working hard. I thought I'd share a few bullet points on the beginning of school.
- The timed math fact sheets are awesome. First Son used to take thirty minutes or more to answer all those silly math problems. Now, I set the timer for a minute and off he goes. He likes it if I set the timer for another minute for the ones he has left. Less than two minutes and he's done!
- First Son has improved tremendously in his handwriting. It doesn't look amazingly better, but he can write so much more without struggling and complaining. It's amazing!
- So far, First Son's favorite subject is spelling. Surprising and funny.
- We took a big back to school field trip to the Science Museum in Oklahoma City last week. I like this idea of going to a far away museum or other big day trip with Kansas Dad to celebrate the beginning of school. The museum was awesome.
- Schooling with Second Son at a year is so much better than when he was four weeks old (and four months and six months and eight months...you get the picture).
- Choir started and it's going to be wonderful again.
- Our parish is starting an atrium (Catechesis of the Good Shepherd). Somehow, in addition to enrolling my children, I decided to be trained. So I've been helping a little in getting it set up. I am incredibly excited for this opportunity for our children, and for my own development. We're about two weeks away from classes!
- I really like my new lesson plan worksheet system.
- I decided to make a timeline using Brandy's system. I am having a great time finding pictures online to use for our cards. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have them all ready, but I think it's going to be great.
- In honor of the new school year, we took a family photo.
Now, the fall weather should be arriving any time, right? Right.