Monday, May 21, 2012

What I Loved About Last Week (32nd Ed.)

1. I went to the Catholic homeschool group book sale last week all by myself. I sold a few things and spent a little more, but I like the few things I bought. I was especially pleased to find a used copy in perfect condition of How Our Nation Began.

2. I have been enjoying our days without lessons. So far I've put all our 2010 and 2011 pictures in albums and have even replaced some of the pictures on the walls so Second Son isn't only represented by one picture of him when he was three months old. I did some deep cleaning. I've also been working on a bunch of projects I started the week after Easter and then left lying on my hutch until I had time to get to them.

3. We had our last faith formation meeting. I love getting together once a month with our friends, but it will be nice to be done until the fall.

4. The dumpster is gone! Kansas Dad did a great job clearing off the old out-building site.

5. On Friday, a couple of ladies and I cleaned our Atrium and it is now sparkling! We have a lot of work left to do to get the 6-9 materials finished, but it's going to be great.

6. We had friends visiting to play all afternoon on Saturday and a lovely dinner with a good friend.

7. On Sunday, we went to Mass, then breakfast at our parish, then a tea party (for the girls; the guys had a video game party), then dinner with Grammy and Paw Paw. Whew! But it was a lovely day!