2. We ate lunch at Taco Bell to celebrate First Son's first day serving Mass. (Mainly this was because it worked out for us to be in town during lunch in between errands, but he was pleased.)
3. Second Daughter and Second Son both had well-child visits last week. Both are healthy and doing well. Second Son seemed to finally figure out the doctor was not actually going to hurt him. He still cried, but there was a measurable decrease in his agitation over the course of the visit.
4. I took the kids, all of the kids, on a number of errands last week. No one hyperventilated. No one had a panic attack. No one called the authorities. I was very pleased. Stressed, but pleased. (Anyone who has taken four children between two and eight on errands involving school supplies, superstores, clothes, doctor's offices, and a hobby store will understand the stress.)
5. Included in our errands were two trips to the library, conveniently located for the times I needed something to occupy us for just a little while between appointments. First Son asked about getting a library card, so we did. The three older ones all have cards now and gleefully used the self-check-out for two books each.
6. Second Son "read" Blue Hat, Green Hat. The rendition was recognizable and adorable.
7. Second Son has also started joining in with our Litany of Saints during evening prayer. He'll sing, "Pway fo us!" (The older kids also taught him to sing "St. Elmo" in the Litany, which is hilarious and I do dearly pray for St. Elmo to forgive any disrespect. I hope he has a sense of humor...)
8. We took our annual back to school field trip last week. This year we decided to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium to see the sharks. It was a bit of a drive, but the kids handled it well and I think they had a great time. They may even have learned something.
|First Daughter took our picture|
9. Kansas Dad and I finished week 7 of P90X. We're more than half-way done - only six weeks to go!
10. Yesterday was our first day of school! That explains why "What I Loved About Last Week" is a day late; I was too busy gathering materials on Sunday night to finish the post. It was a good day! First Daughter had a fabulous reading lesson (meaning she didn't cry or make me cry) and First Son handled the day rather well.
|First Son - first day of third grade|
|First Daughter - first day of kindergarten|
|Second Daughter - four years old and causing trouble|
|Second Son - two years old and wants in on the fun of picture time|