1. Catechesis class on Saturday. It's hard to spend the entire day in class, but I always enjoy the discussions and presentations.
2. Bonfire night. We invited friends for dinner and roasting marshmallows on Saturday night. It was a beautiful night!
3. A fun birthday party on Sunday. The girls and Second Son and I enjoyed the party while First Son stayed home to "help" Kansas Dad on our new chicken coop. I even got to work on it a little when we got home.
4. I missed out on taking First Son to soccer practice early this week. Instead, Kansas Dad went along so he could work on grading papers while I stayed home with the other three. On the way home, though, Kansas Dad stopped to fill up my gas tank and showed First Son how to pump gas. (Kansas Dad sent me to the second practice later in the week.)
5. The blog is five years old! I spent a good bit of time (we won't be specific) skimming through five years of blog posts and was delighted at many of the pictures, quips, and videos I revisited.
6. First Daughter can read Frog and Toad Are Friends (with help).
7. Kansas Dad took the kids to a pumpkin patch with our story hour friends. It was very cold and two of them were already sick. I'm glad they got to go and I'm glad Kansas Dad took them instead of me (so I could stay warm and toasty at home, even if I did have to work that morning). He apologizes for not taking any pictures.
8. The fantastic Bl. John Paul II costume my mom put together for First Son to wear to our parish's annual All Saints' Trunk or Treat this weekend. We'll be spending some time finishing up costumes today.