Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Favorite Books of 2012

I have updated the Amazon widget on the sidebar of my blog to show my favorite books of those I read in 2012, but I know quite a few of you don't actually go to my blog to read the posts so I thought I would share them here.

In order I read them, here they are, with links to the review or report in which I wrote a bit about them.

Raising Financially Fit Kids by Joline Godfrey (book review)

Gentle Ben by Walt Morey (book report)

A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr. (book report)

Uncovering the Logic of English: A Common-Sense Solution to America's Literacy Crisis by Denise Eide (book review)

The Gammage Cup: A Novel of the Minnipins and The Whisper of Glocken: A Novel of the Minnipins by Carol Kendall (book report)

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins includes The Hunger Games (Book 1)Catching Fire (Book 2), and Mockingjay (Book 3)
(book review)

Shades of Gray by Carolyn Reeder (book report)

Blue Willow by Doris Gates (book report)

Twelve Greeks and Romans Who Changed the World by Carl J. Richard (book report)

Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King (book report)

Wool - Omnibus Edition by Hugh Howey (book report)

Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers by Ralph Moody (book report)

The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein (book report)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (book report)

Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather (book review)

The Queen of Water by Laura Resau and Maria Virginia Farinango (book review)

The Story of the Other Wise Man by Henry Van Dyke (book review)

Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason by Alfie Kohn (thoughts on the introduction)

Heidi by Johanna Spyri (book review)

If I could choose one and only one for the whole year, it would be Death Comes for the Archbishop.