- Open Range by Kathryn and Bryon Jackson (found in Favorite Poems Old and New)
- Alphabet Stew by Jack Prelutsky (Poetry by Heart)
- First Thanksgiving of All by Nancy Byrd Turner (Favorite Poems Old and New) - This one took him a really long time to memorize; many of the lines were similar but not quite the same.
- Skyscrapers by Rachel Field (Favorite Poems Old and New)
- Halfway Down by A. A. Milne (Favorite Poems Old and New)
- The Tyger by William Blake (Poetry for Young People: William Blake) - I thought he might struggle with this one because of the vocabulary and the off-rhymes, but he loved it and memorized it pretty quickly.
I wrote a little about how we memorize poetry in this post. First Son selected at least every other poem he memorized in third grade. I think he enjoys it more when he chooses the poem. If he pulled one right from a book, I would probably allow it, but usually he chooses one from a selection I provide.