Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2013: A Big Year on the Range

I've been thinking 2013 was a pretty big year for us.

Kansas Dad got tenure!

First Son got an appliance and, on the first day of school, braces.

The kids and I went to my cousin's bat mitzvah. I loved seeing all my family. The kids loved staying at a hotel with a pool, which none of them remembered ever doing before.

I traveled to Boston for a few days away with friends. Just me.

I quit my job!

We celebrated our 15th anniversary! In anticipation of the anniversary, Kansas Dad and I spent a few days alone at a cabin in Illinois. The boys had a vacation with Grammy and Paw Paw while the girls spent time with cousins and grandparents in Illinois.


Second Son moved to the bunk bed, leaving us without a child sleeping in a crib (or a baby who could sleep in a crib) for the first time in almost ten years.

We have lived in this house for five years. That is not only the longest Kansas Dad and I have ever lived at the same address since we were married; it's the longest I've ever lived at a single address in my entire life!

First Son, our oldest, turned 10 - double digits!

I was hoping I could include being a diaper-free household, but, alas, we haven't quite reached that goal. We're getting there in 2014, though, which will hopefully otherwise be a relatively quiet year for us. No one has been to the hospital, yet, so we're off to a good start!

Happy New Year!