Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Swollen

Well, I'm 28 weeks (as of yesterday) and the swelling has finally kicked in. I guess I should just be glad it took this long.

I struggled to get my engagement ring off this morning and won't put it back on again until a few weeks after Third Baby is born. My feet are swollen, too...another reason to believe I'm having another boy. I was enormously swollen with First Son but hardly at all with First Daughter, even though I was in my third trimester by the end of the summer with her.

I'm happy whether we have a boy or a girl, but I'm not too thrilled about the swelling.

Speaking of side effects of pregnancy, I've also been congested in my right ear for a few weeks now. I'd forgotten that happened before. (I remember it with First Daughter, not so much with First Son.) It really impacts my ability to hear what's going on. Just another way we mothers sacrifice for our children before they're even born. (The hearing should be fine within a few weeks of baby's birth.)