Monday, September 8, 2008

Officially Unemployed, Briefly

Well, it's official. I've just delivered my resignation letter to my employer. After seven years with this organization (and three babies), I've decided to stop working full-time. We'll be able to give Grammy a break from being the caregiver and more time to be just Grammy. I'll be able to spend more time preparing to homeschool in earnest next year and have some pre-k fun this year.

I've been looking forward to this day for many years, but I have to admit I was still a little teary as I sent the letter. My supervisor and I have discussed a contract for some project-based work and I'm very much looking forward to continuing to work with the applications I helped develop and the people of the organization.

Hopefully I'll be back to work next week!

6 comments:

  1. That's very exciting -- congratulations!! Sounds like K-Dad will always have a fall-back career as a home-improvement contractor if the whole professorship thing gets tiring... ;-)

    Between having lived in a small Brooklyn apartment and now moving to a multi-acre Kansas farm, I'd say you guys have truly experienced both ends of the spectrum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I hope to be joining you in this in the next month or so :) Keep praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Joel - and not just home improvement. Kansas Dad is hoping we'll be able to sell some farm produce as well.

    Janelle, I am so excited for you! I'll definitely be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I'm sure you will have no shortage of things to keep you busy. It took me a while to find the right balance of activity outside of home/family, but now the only thing I really miss is getting paid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, I can't imagine not finding ways to keep myself busy ever again. Do you ever wonder what you did with all your time before you had kids?

    Right now I can think of a hundred things I could be doing...but I'm checking my email first. Then, some laundry, sweeping, packing a bit, maybe some mopping.

    I'm even feeling a slight itch for chocolate-chip banana bread...

    Now I'm just being crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally choked up and happy for you. You have always, always, worked toward your dreams. I am so incredibly happy for you and the kids as you start this new adventure together.

    Thinking back to our big bonfire we had before high school graduation - what an amazing ride you have had since then! Who would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!