Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Down with Disposables


Recently, we started the switch to cloth diapers. We've been buying different kinds to try them out on our diaper-wearing girls (and even received some homemade ones as gifts from you-guessed-who). We still have disposables, though. I like to have them on hand for Grammy so she doesn't have to fuss with the cloth ones and we usually keep them in the diaper bag since I like to keep it stocked and we don't have enough cloth to spare. In fact, we don't have enough cloth for both girls to go two whole days...yet. We'll get there, though, because Second Daughter has blown disposable diapers three times in the past five days (twice today), nearly every time she's had one on -- and they aren't even the super-cheap ones! (I apologize again to the two kind souls who were holding her for two of those not-so-fun experiences.)

So, a proper review of the fun cloth diapers we have is on the way. I'm just waiting on a few fitteds I ordered that haven't yet arrived so I can include them, but suffice it to say here, I'm losing my patience with the disposables.