Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Small Successes

FaithButton

I'm so pleased to participate in Small Successes over at Faith & Family Live today. I actually have some successes!

1. I finally exchanged First Son's jeans for new ones. (It only took a month.) I wisely invested in jeans from Sears this past winter based on his earlier performances. Of the past eight pairs of jeans he's owned, eight of them have ended up with a great big hole on the right knee. So yesterday, I used the Kidvantage exchange policy to get two pairs without holes. While there, we bought two pairs in the next size up (which were on sale), so we're even ahead of the game.

2. I bought tea yesterday! I love making myself a big pot of tea using loose leaf black teas, but ran out weeks (or months?) ago. I then used my bagged tea until all the non-herbal bag tea was gone, too. I just couldn't bring myself to attempt a tea run with the kids. Something about the three of them in a little shop full of teapots and tea cups and glass canisters of tea made me hesitate. Yesterday, my wonderful mother-in-law followed me to the tea store and waited in the car with the kids while I bought enough to last me for months (especially since in the heat of summer I love making sun tea with my mint plants). Oh, and believe me, after the night we had with Second Daughter last night, I seriously needed some caffeine this morning.

3. I managed to wash First Son's special green blanket (which was a Christmas present to me a couple of years ago, but I digress) and finish drying it just a few minutes after bedtime last night.

I know they don't compare to Elizabeth's lovely success, but they are my small ones for the week. Read more over at Faith & Family Live.