Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gotcha


It seems my last picture was of a mutant flower. Today when I went in search of the unidentified plant, all I found were these - with five petals instead of four. And there are a lot of them! From what I can tell, they are periwinkle. A little searching and you'll learn it's low maintenance and can be invasive, both obviously true here on the Range. We need to do some serious pruning, but I think we'll keep some of it around because it's pretty and supposedly will keep flowering until the frost.

In other news, one of the stray cats we've seen around the Range showed up today with three kittens. I tried to get a picture, but didn't want to get too close so this is the best I can share.


They are adorable, of course. I hope their mother teaches them to be good hunters!