Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Query VII

Should I worry about First Son watching my exercise tape?

In general, I think it's a good thing when he watches me exercise. He sees that I'm taking my health seriously, as I want him to take his. A few weeks ago, though, he told me the woman on the tape makes him shy (as if she could see him). And today, he led First Daughter through a three minute exercise routine complete with a cool down nearly word for word from the beginning of the cool down on my tape.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry. its similar to learning the lyrics of a song, in my mind.

    As for the 'feel shy' comment, the way the instructors talk (great work, keep going, etc.) - it probably IS a bit strange feeling to him, like she is seeing that you are working hard and acknowledging you for it.

    I vote not to worry. Far better that he see you taking good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would probably REALLY get wierded out if he were to hear me talking back to the tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I don't have that problem so much, but I think Kansas Dad would swear at the lady on his routine if the kids weren't around. She is very mean.

    I have a Denise Austin one and she is very peppy. I didn't even think about how she's always saying what a good job I'm doing. That probably is weird for him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!