Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Small Successes XI

It's time for Small Successes again.

1. I have exercised every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since we started homeschooling. That's eight times. (How many times can I put this as a Small Success, do you think?)

2. Kansas Dad built the new chicken coop and moved the ladies to it. Now they have lots of room to roam. (I know, it's not really my success, but I managed to keep the kids from hurting themselves too badly as he built it, so I feel I contributed a little.)

3. I already made the cake decorations for First Daughter's birthday. Remember: parchment paper is your friend.

Head over to Faith & Family for more Small Successes.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you can claim exercise every single week that you do it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. If I was excercising like that, I'd include it every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I would make it every week too!

    Oooh, how do you make cake decorations out of parchment paper? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad everyone thinks I can keep posting about the exercising. I really want to include it because it's not so much fun.

    ViolinMama, I decided to make cut out sugar cookie apples to decorate an apple cake (not shaped, flavored) for my daughter's birthday. I thought it would be easier than piping decorations since I don't have a lot of experience with that. Anyway, it turns out small delicate sugar cookies are very difficult to get off the cookie sheets without crumbling...which of course ruins the effect. I did the last two batches on parchment paper (which you can reuse in the same baking session) and they were by far the best and easiest. I love parchment paper and can't for the life of me tell you why I didn't start out using it - you don't even have to grease the cookie sheets.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!