Friday, October 30, 2009

More Pumpkin Goodness

I've still been cooking lots of pumpkin - almost one a day though I think we'll slow down a bit now.

We've tried:

Pumpkin Soup - This was alright, but I think Kansas Dad isn't a pumpkin soup for dinner kind of guy. Next time, I'd like to try a more robust recipe like this one.

Money Saving Mom's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- These were good, but we think we like the King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking one better. (I just double the pumpkin bread recipe and make 18 muffins as well as a loaf of bread. Bake the muffins for 18-25 minutes, depending on the recipe and the oven.) We also want to try the Cooking Light pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. They were pretty good!

I made some of this pumpkin bread recipe, too. I substituted 1 cup of the white flour with wheat and some of the oil with ground flax seed. I also included the cloves. It was pretty good, but they seemed a little strong on the spices so I might leave the cloves out if I make it again.

Soft Pumpkin Cookies (The link for these was wrong in my earlier post.) These are excellent soft pumpkin cookies. They taste just like little cakes. I didn't bother with the glaze, but I think that would be a nice touch. I wish I had stored them with wax paper in-between. They stick together a little.

By far the best thing we have tried is Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal. It is scrumptious. Kansas Dad says it's even better than our blueberry oatmeal. (The kids wouldn't try it, though. More for us!)

I thought I had a long list of new recipes to try with all our pumpkin, but then Money Saving Mom posted a link to The Finer Things in Life list.

I have some more baking to do. (Just as soon as Kansas Dad gets home with more butter.) I really want to try Brandy's oatmeal pumpkin cookies!