Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Small Successes XXXI

It's Thursday again and time to recognize the small things we do.

1. Second Son went in for his two week check-up and he's doing very well. So well we don't have to bring him in at one month.

2. I took all four kids to the dentist yesterday morning. The two oldest had cleanings and no cavities! Second Son is getting some permanent molars. The two younger ones did not destroy anything, run away, or scream uncontrollably the whole time. We have a wonderful pediatric dentist's office where they are very understanding. They always say such nice things about babies, too. Of course, those babies are future patients, so they have good reason to be gracious. I still like them.

3. I registered our homeschool! In Kansas, you have to fill out a form that includes the school's name and address. That's about it, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. I figured it was time since the public schools in our area are all starting up in the next few weeks. In other homeschooling news, I finished ordering the last few books I wanted and First Son's Blue Knights materials. We also bought some cabinets to store the homeschooling supplies away from Second Daughter and Second Son. Hopefully Kansas Dad will have some time to put them together for me. It's not really my kind of thing and would be even harder hampered by that pesky Second Son who thinks he needs to be held all the time he's not eating and being held.

Head over to Faith and Family to read more small successes or share your own!

6 comments:

  1. Did you get to name your school? :)

    Oh my goodness, I haven't seen "second son" until today. He's SO CUTE!! I'm serious, you have some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! How exciting to register your home school. (And funny - my three all had dentist appointments yesterday, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new picture of "Second Son" on the sidebar. So sweet. Great list of successes. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to have uneventful dentist and doctor visits!

    I wish it was that easy to homeschool in MA. It's not terribly difficult or anything, but the school district has to approve an "education plan" for each kid, each year, and can request assessments at year end as well. I recently sent in the ed. plan for Simon, and I'm hoping I either hear nothing, or only a request for assessment at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go! Especially on the successful dentist office vist! Those can be some crazy times!
    And exciting about the homeschool registration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Farmer's City Wife, yes! We do choose the name of the school. That's one of the reasons it took so long; I wanted to pick a good one. Kansas Dad and I talked about it quite a few times over the past year. I'm not sharing it on the blog in line with our no-name policy, but if you're really interested I could email it to you.

    Tiffany, I saw you were at the dentist, too, on your blog. Fun days...

    Hilary, I hope you don't hear from the district at all. I doubt our district would care much since there are so many homeschoolers in our area, but they probably don't even know we exist. I'm ok with that. I'd be interested to see Simon's education plan. I thought about writing something like that for First Son, something with goals for the year, maybe for each subject. What I really wanted him to learn. Instead I wrote out subject plans, which is more just what we're going to do without overarching goals.

    Mary and Erika Marie, thanks for stopping by!

    And now...back to baby. He sure does like to eat!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!