Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Celebrating Baptisms

One thing I really wanted to do this year was somehow celebrate the anniversaries of the kids' baptisms. I am a little leery of adding more treats so soon after their birthdays (especially since First Son has a December birthday), but baptisms seem worth celebrating.

Our first baptism of the school year was First Daughter's on October 1st. We made cinnamon rolls, lit her baptismal candle and prayed for her using the service I found here. I especially liked how each of us blessed her, even Second Daughter!


Of course, we let her blow out the candle.


The sloppy napkin you see in the pictures is her gift. We decided to choose something small and faith related. For First Daughter, we picked One Hundred Sheep: Skip Counting Songs from the Gospels CD, which I hope to review more extensively in the next day or so.