Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Small Successes XLIII

Time for some small successes!

1. I have exercised every day in the past two weeks.

2. Last night, there was a spider the size of a baseball in our bathroom. I have issues with spiders, but restrained myself from screaming bloody murder four feet from my baby's crib. Instead, I walked carefully to where Kansas Dad was reading and quietly informed him of the monster in the bathroom. After a brief quiet battle, he emerged victorious. Baby slept through the whole thing.

3. Second Son is officially night-weaned. He goes to bed around 8 or 8:30 pm and sleeps at least until 5 am, but more often until 7 or 7:30 am. He'll be 11 months old next week. While I think it would be acceptable to be nursing him at night, he often slept through on his own so this week I just decided I would not nurse him during the night. I'm not sure he noticed.

Now...if only I could sleep through the night!

Head over to Chocolate for Your Brain for more Small Successes!

7 comments:

  1. Great successes! I can especially relate to #2. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just weaned and put my 13-month-old on a sleep schedule! I can so relate! She kept waking up to breastfeed during the night for comfort. Once I put a stop to that she started sleeping through the night.
    I am going to try to start exercising regularly. Good job keeping motivated! That is what I always struggle with the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the sleeping baby! Anthony was horrible last night. Paybacks for me being gone yesterday evening. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sleep! What I wouldn't give for my boys to sleep till 7... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tiffany and Mary B.

    Hannah, exercising is one of those things, isn't it? We all know it's good for us and we should set a good example for our kids but...no one likes it. I found a nice group of ladies from church that are encouraging and helping me stay motivated.

    H of B, sorry to hear Anthony was so horrible. It's a good thing he's such a cutie.

    Kate, I have to admit he doesn't nap well at all, partly because of how long he sleeps at night. I hate that he doesn't nap, but not enough to wake him earlier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weaning I think is harder on Mom than kids --at least in my experience they didn't care where FOOD came from as long as they got fed. Fabulous on the exercise, that's a real triumph!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!