Monday, September 19, 2011

What I Loved About Last Week (First Edition)

1. We started reading A Life of Our Lord for Children by Marigold Hunt. I haven't pre-read this book, so we're all reading it together and I love it already. (I did pre-read The First Christians by the same author. Based on that and the Mater Amabilis recommendation, I decided to take a chance.)

2. Second Son is walking! I think I can safely say he walks more than he crawls now. I absolutely love toddlers with their cute wobbly steps! I could have a houseful...if only they didn't turn two. I tried to catch him on video but the only good one has names in the audio. I'll keep trying for you because he's just adorable. Not that I'm biased or anything.

3. I weaned Second Son last week. I admit to feeling more ambivalent about this point than the post title would suggest, but it is nice to be free of nursing. In fact, this is the first time since December 2005 I haven't been pregnant or nursing or both.

4. I had my first Catechesis class about a week ago. It was amazing. We also had our first Atrium time. I think the kids and I are going to love Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. I am feeling truly blessed to be a part of it.

5. We had our first faith formation coop class last week, too. I ran the nursery (which basically consists of making sure kids don't follow the wrong mom out of the room). My room was quiet and calm (hooray!) and all three of my kids in classes had a great time.

 6. First Son played in his first soccer game! I saw marked improvement just over the course of the first game. He was exhausted at the end, too. (First Daughter's first game is tonight.)

7. Second Daughter's response when I asked who had let the baby into the office (where he was very seriously moving newspapers all over the floor): "Moses opened the door with his pointy nose."

8. I finally remade our parish website. I've been uploading bulletins and making updates on a free site that just wasn't very pretty or easy to use. Now we have a simple but (hopefully) effective Google site, also free and much more functional.

9. We went to the State Fair last week. It was lovely and a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary. (Thirteen years, for those interested in such things.)

10. I finally have a timeline! Now we just need to add some people and events.

My plan it to post something like this every week as a way to get me back into the habit of blogging. We've been so busy with soccer, Catechesis, homeschooling and life in general I haven't been posting very much. Feel free to join in by writing on your blog or the comments what you loved about last week, too.