Monday, May 7, 2012

What I Loved About Last Week (30th Ed.)

1. Our parish volunteer dinner was last week. A generous friend watched our children, who romped around her house with her kids and had a delightful time while Kansas Dad and I enjoyed dinner without kids.

2. Wednesday was the Feast of St. Athanasius, our family's patron saint. I have yet to discover what St. Athanasius would have eaten for a feast day, but I had some half-made cookie dough, so I finished that for our feast. They were delicious and the kids were satisfied.

3. We finished math!! We have one week of lessons left, though we'll spread it out a little so we can hang out with friends here and there.

4. Kansas Dad ordered a dumpster and then spent days loading it up with the remnants of our outbuilding and various home improvement projects despite a twisted ankle so all that garbage could be off our property! We have it for a few more days this week, but he really cleaned up the bulk of it over the weekend.

5. We spent a lot of time outside this weekend, enjoying a full Saturday without any other place to be. Kansas Dad and the kids went on a lizard hunt, made a jar into a home for a caterpillar (which has already started making a cocoon) and went tromping through some paths he mowed back into the woods a bit. Every one was hot and sweaty and dirty when we came in (straight to the bath!), but happy. (Those who are friends with me on Facebook also know we spotted a snake crawling up our window last week, so it was an interesting animal week here on the Range. I think Kansas Dad got a picture of that, but it will have to wait until I have time to find the camera.)

6. Last night, Second Daughter was in the downward dog position when she proceeded to hop across the room. Still in downward dog. I didn't know that was even possible.

3 comments:

  1. seriously laughed out loud on that last one! Did you happen to get video? Your posts always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I wish I had a video! It was actually during evening prayer (sigh) so filming it would probably have been inappropriate and encouraging poor behavior. But it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for finishing Math! We should be done with most everything by this Friday. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy; thanks for speaking up!