1. Our parish volunteer dinner was last week. A generous friend watched our children, who romped around her house with her kids and had a delightful time while Kansas Dad and I enjoyed dinner without kids.
2. Wednesday was the Feast of St. Athanasius, our family's patron saint. I have yet to discover what St. Athanasius would have eaten for a feast day, but I had some half-made cookie dough, so I finished that for our feast. They were delicious and the kids were satisfied.
3. We finished math!! We have one week of lessons left, though we'll spread it out a little so we can hang out with friends here and there.
4. Kansas Dad ordered a dumpster and then spent days loading it up with the remnants of our outbuilding and various home improvement projects despite a twisted ankle so all that garbage could be off our property! We have it for a few more days this week, but he really cleaned up the bulk of it over the weekend.
5. We spent a lot of time outside this weekend, enjoying a full Saturday without any other place to be. Kansas Dad and the kids went on a lizard hunt, made a jar into a home for a caterpillar (which has already started making a cocoon) and went tromping through some paths he mowed back into the woods a bit. Every one was hot and sweaty and dirty when we came in (straight to the bath!), but happy. (Those who are friends with me on Facebook also know we spotted a snake crawling up our window last week, so it was an interesting animal week here on the Range. I think Kansas Dad got a picture of that, but it will have to wait until I have time to find the camera.)
6. Last night, Second Daughter was in the downward dog position when she proceeded to hop across the room. Still in downward dog. I didn't know that was even possible.