Thursday, July 22, 2010
My Small Successes XXVIII
1. Kansas Dad and I had a pre-baby date. Grammy watched the kids for a whole afternoon while we ran errands and went out for a lovely dinner without any kids at all. Since I don't like to leave a nursing baby, it'll be a long time before we have an adults-only outing again. (Other than laboring at the hospital, but I'm not sure that counts in quite the same way.) We looked at cribs and did end up ordering one, too. It may not be necessary, but it will ease my mind a little. We also picked up a few things I needed to finish up the last two big Montessori activities I wanted to make...Maybe I'll get to that before baby arrives.
2. Yesterday, Kansas Dad dug out the baby swing and I washed the cover yesterday. Hooray! The girls have been playing with it almost constantly. Hopefully they'll get it out of their system before we want to use it for baby.
3. We pulled out the pool and let the kids play! Twice! And I have a picture to prove it! (Kansas Dad found it, blew it up, and filled it, both times. I sat on the porch and watched, from the shade.)
in the crowd at the zoo.
4. I also put all those pictures from last week in albums, including an extra two pictures I decided to add to Second Daughter's baby book.
5. And (last one, I promise) my doctor is back from his vacation this morning. He's also on call this weekend, so there is now a very good chance he's actually going to be around to deliver the baby. I would have preferred to already be delivered, but we must look at the bright side, right? Baby and I are 40 weeks tomorrow, so the end really is coming (or rather, the beginning).
Head over to Faith and Family to read more Small Successes!