Monday, July 2, 2012

First Communion in the Holy Church

Earlier today we received the surprising news that First Son's First Communion photo received an Honorable Mention from The Catholic Company in their annual photo contest. The photo I submitted was a little goofy and I never expected it to win anything, but it was one of my favorites. Many of the submissions are simply beautiful; I knew I couldn't compete with artistry like that. Apparently, goofiness was the way to go.

I was browsing the slideshow of all the submissions and realized they've got a pretty amazing thing here. These pictures of children from all over the country (maybe even the world?) receiving one of God's greatest gifts for the first time offer us a glimpse of the unity of the Church. We don't know each other, but we are one with Christ and we are celebrating. We have a beautiful Catholic family!

If you have a few minutes, you can check them out for yourself. Spread the word and encourage next year's First Communicants to enter!