I picked a fun (recycled!) album from a local superstore (the chic one). I played around with the file from my friend, changing fonts, page order and pictures.
- I could just leave out something I didn't record on the blog (like the first time Second Daughter rolled from her tummy to her back).
- I added pictures when I wanted, based on my favorites of Second Daughter, rather than what some baby book author thought I might have photographed.
- I was able to insert pages for pictures First Son colored for her or cards she received.
- I could be as elaborate as I liked (even using some scrap booking materials I picked up on sale), but also very simple.
- I could add as many pages as I wanted, though it's really not very long. I can even insert pages for her second birthday. (In fact, I have every intention of doing that, including some adorable drawings from her cousins.)
You could, of course, make a photo book on any number of online photo sites. This method is less expensive, though, and has the benefit of easily adding extras like the picture from First Son and the bracelets from the birth.